Friday 16 October 2020

Twelve More Sleeps

Hey, everyone. Terry here full of news about my newest release, which comes out in ebook on the 28th of October. The Betrayal is my first foray into contemporary psychological suspense, and introduces Olivia Sinclair, an attorney on the brink of retirement. This book was so much fun to write! The second book in in the series is with my editor, and I'm working on the third book now. Here's the prologue and buy links, for those who are interested.



Prologue 

Sunday, October 5

When the alarm blared the Sunday financial recap, the woman woke with a start. She didn’t care about the Dow Jones Industrial Average, nor did she care about market volatility. Fumbling, she unplugged the old-fashioned clock radio and tossed it under the bed. Her thoughts, as they often did, went to her lover. She rolled over and pressed her face into his pillow, taking in the scent of him, that strange concoction of vanilla and citrus that made her senses reel.

Rolling over on her back, she took a deep breath, and cradled her belly, thinking of the baby that grew inside her. The positive pregnancy test lay on the table next to her, its vertical pink line a source of unimaginable joy. She snuggled under the duvet as the automatic coffeemaker kicked into gear, filling her apartment with the aroma of the dark roast coffee her lover preferred.

She saw the card on the doormat just as she poured her first cup of coffee.

I’ve rented a beach house for us tonight. I’ll send a key and the address by messenger. Meet you there around ten?

Leaning back against the counter, the woman closed her eyes, anticipating their rendezvous. Dear God, she craved him.

She did not know she had less than fifteen hours to live.

Buy links. I hope my prologue has you intrigued. If you are interested, you can purchase a copy of the book here

That's my news this week! Hope you are all doing well. 

Happy reading! 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Terry! How exciting switching genre. The cover looks fantastic. Wishing you every success. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks scarily good! I loved your Cat Carlisle books and I'm sure this will be great, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks excellent and of course I've had it on preorder for yonks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover of your latest release, Terry. It sounds great and I wish you every success with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new book release is always so thrilling .... like having a new lover to explore. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I just love prologues... congratulations, Terry!

    ReplyDelete