Saturday 10 March 2018

Hello!

Thank you for inviting me to participate in The Novel Point of View blog. I am so excited to be here to talk about the process of writing, to share information about books and research, and to get to know all of you. Writing is a solitary and subjective form of art. This morning I sat down to a blank screen wondering what on Earth I could say that would entertain and amuse you, dear reader. Writing a novel is a completely different beast. I create a world and spend 300 pages living in said world until I have a cohesive story. After which, a talented group of editors and readers tighten my prose until my books are ready for public consumption. All that is fine and good. But I am a rather introverted, solitary person who enjoys books, long walks, four-legged creatures, and good wine. In other words, I am b-o-r-i-n-g! I realise as I write these words that learning to celebrate and find joy in the ordinary is the gossamer thread that connects all of us.

Not everyone is put into this world to make a splash and change the way of things in a monumental way. I’m guessing that the visitors to this blog have a gentle fondness of words and story, accompanied by a curiosity about the creative process.
So as I set out to blog for you, know that I am learning and growing with every word as a writer and a story teller. I’ll be sharing my process with you, the blunders along the way, and—providence willing—the joys. Having said that, if there’s topic you would like to read about, let me know.
I’ve attached a vintage photo of a map and compass (to show me the way) and some lovely white tulips because… tulips!

Here’s a bit about me:
Terry Lynn Thomas grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, which explains her love of foggy beaches, windy dunes, and Gothic mysteries. When her husband promised to buy Terry a horse and the time to write if she moved to Mississippi with him, she jumped at the chance. Although she had written several novels and screenplays prior to 2006, after she relocated to the South she set out to write in earnest and has never looked back.


Now Terry Lynn writes the Sarah Bennett Mysteries, set on the California coast during the 1940s, which feature a misunderstood medium in love with a spy. Neptune’ Daughter is a recipient of the IndieBRAG Medallion. She also writes the Cat Carlisle Mysteries, set in Britain during World War II. The first book in this series, The Silent Woman, is slated to release in April 2018.  When she’s not writing, you can find Terry Lynn riding her horse, walking in the woods with her dogs, or visiting old cemeteries in search of story ideas.







4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Novel Points of View blog, Terry. We are so pleased you have joined us. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome, Terry. Very much looking forward to your posts. I think you've summed up the ethos of our blog perfectly, a gentle, encouraging place. Living very near the coast of NE Scotland, I share your love of windy dunes. Our beaches also sometimes suffer from summer mist and I also enjoy a glass of nice wine, so sounds as though we've got lots of interests in common. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Terry so pleased you accepted the invitation. I'd love to live near the coast again - I'm only about 40 minutes away from both Brittany coasts but for a woman born on the seafront of a small English town, it's too far away. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to meet you, Terry. I love reading about how other writers write. I'm also loving that you live in the US which is bringing another element to this blog. I look forward to your next post. Just out of interest ..... do horses feature in your writing?

    ReplyDelete