Thanks to Linda for such a vivid description of the RNA Winter Party! To those who go regularly, the ultimate objective is to wear a pair of shoes that are a) extremely glamorous and b) supremely comfortable. This is clearly impossible so there are various options possible.
- Wear flatties. Preferably under long trousers that cover this sin.
- Wear a small wedge, kitten heel or similar that isn't too excruciating after three or more hours.
- Wear glam knee-length boots (as Linda's daughter Sarah did) with a low heel. Potential pitfall = overheating.
- Wear uber sexy three-inch heels and take them off three minutes in.
- Ditto, but manage half an hour.
- Ditto, but survive the evening and pay for it with either shredded feet the next day or bunions years later.
The choice is yours! Take a look at the RNA blog to see what I mean ... http://romanticnovelistsassociationblog.blogspot.com/
The main focus of the Winter Party this year was the launch of the new RNA brand, which I was heavily involved in. Our President, Katie Fforde, brought it to the world in great style. Here it is, in all its glory. Hope you like it!