Many thank to Gwen Kirkwood (http://www.gwenkirkwood.blogspot.co.uk) for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
It seems that all I need to do, before passing it on, is provide 7 random facts about myself. An excellent excuse for a little bit of self-indulgence. So here we go...
1. My first pet was a West Highland White terrier called Pola, supposedly after a polar bear (spelling chosen by my sister).
2. I always have at least 2 (usually 3 or 4) books that I am reading at the same time. Current ones are A Storm Of Swords by George R. R. Martin (Book 3 of the Song of Ice and Fire series), Visitors to the Chalet School by Helen McLelland (an addition to the extremely long Chalet School series by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer), Vets In Love by Cathy Woodman and The Aeneid by Virgil (in both English and Latin – the English is going better).
3. My middle name is Marie. For years I preferred this to Gillian and really wished my parents had chosen it as my first name. Now I quite like Gillian.
4. I know a smattering of 8 languages (English, French, German, Scots, Russian, Italian, Latin and Shona) but am only fluent in one – English – and sometimes I’m not even sure about that.
5. My great grandfather and great grandmother lived together for 27 years and had 9 children before they eventually married in 1922.
6. My office now has under-floor heating. This is a brilliant innovation.
7. I am passionate about Scottish football. Local team, Queen of the South, are currently 17 points clear at the top of the Scottish Second Division. Go the Doonhamers!
I would like to nominate:
Pia Christina Courtenay http://christinacourtenay.com
Janice Horton http://janicehortonwriter.blogspot.co.uk
Rosemary Gemmel http://ros-readingandwriting.blogspot.com
Michael Malone http://paper.li/mickmal#